Become a Sound Home Adviser
Home Inspector Job Description:
Licensed home inspectors conduct inspections on residential properties to check for compliance and assess if there are hazards or structural defects. This entails examining both the interior and exterior of the property, including infrastructure, electrical and plumbing systems, and water quality.
- Perform home inspections and maintain company standards
- Communicate inspection findings to clients in a clear and unbiased manner
- Always maintain a good standing relationship with clients and real estate agents
- Communicate the value of company services and offerings to the client
- Work as a team player to communicate suggestions for improvement and development of company services and product offerings
- Perform wood destroying organisms (WDO) inspections
- Perform add-on services as requested
- Perform attic and crawl space inspections
- Perform roof inspections (training provided for fall restraint and arrest protocols)
- Actively attend and engage in ongoing in-house and field training
- Accurately interpret and analyze data
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be coachable/teachable
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work well under stressful situations
- Strong verbal communication
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years on-the-job experience
- WA State home Inspector license – Required
- WSDA – WDO inspector license – Preferred
- Customer service and communications experience – Required
- Attention to detail and the ability to interpret and analyze data – Required
- WA State Driver’s License – Required
- Ability to lift 50lbs safely – Required
- Ability to maneuver and safely use ladders while extended
Are you interested in joining the Sound Home Advisers team? Send us an email with a copy of your resume!
The Sound Home Adviser Way
To provide sound advice that brings peace of mind by improving clients’ knowledge when making a real estate purchase.
To challenge the expectations of building inspections in the northwest through education, technology and innovation.
We are not going to do what is easy, we do what is best for our clients…Always.
We will create a fun work environment where we can recruit talented, self-motivated individuals with a passion for volunteering. Ones that are driven by causes bigger than themselves.